.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Blog With No Name

"The Art Of Accurate Observation Is Often Termed As Cynicism By Those People Who don't Have It!" -George Bernard Shaw

My Photo
Name:

Existentialist.Arrogant.Snobbish.Blatantly Frank.Intellectual. HopelesslyUnromantic.Argumentative. Analytical.Tolerably-Nice Guy.Hen-Pecked.Outrageous Flirt.Sensitive. Attentive Listener.Egoist. Non-Sentimental.PseudoIntellectual. Romantic.Iconoclastic.Insensitive.Noncomformist.Sarcastic. Cynic.Ultracrepidarian.Relentlessly Inquisitive.Johnsonian.Charming. Punster.NotFunny.Sophist.Egotist. Pragmatic.Idealistic.Honest. Sincere.Exaggerated Sense Of Self.Extroverted.Self-Deprecating. Depending on how much you know me(or dont know me 0r rather why shld u bother anyway?) I am told am a combination of one or more of the above adjectives,sometimes mutually contradicting. Btw dont bother looking for "modesty"...it is a part of neither my virtues nor vice....Either way "Frankly,My Dear I Dont Give A Damn..."

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

My IIM B interview.....

I know it's been quite some time since I have posted anything...anyway hope to be regular from now on..:) This is copy/paste from www.pagalguy.com/cat where I had posted my interview experiences..


Hey looks like am the first to inaugurate today's proceedings! anyway thither I furnish my details...

Name :
Venue : IIMB@9AM
Work Exp : 9 months
backgrnd: ECE Engg...

Case study: A certain Ramakanth is a MBA from an institute in US and is working in some publishing company now. He had done a market study and realized there is a market for print edition of encyclopaedia of Indian mythology. His boss is not so cool abt it so it is shelved. But there is a person Mr. Giri Murthy who is interested in Ramakanth's idea. Eventually the boss leaves the company and Mr. Giri takes over the mantle. Mr. Giri is all for the idea and decides to go ahead with the print edition stuff. But our good ol' Ramakanth has other ideas now. He thinks there is more market for an online edition of the encyclopaedia. our Mr.Giri is not-so-cool abt it and now Ramakanth's promotion hangs in the balance..so what does he do?

(Disclaimer: The above ofcourse are not the exact words but the gist is the same)

Well the discussion was fine..couldnt find anything amiss with it. It was a nice discussion and culminated in the inevitable conclusion of "having a balance between both print and online editions". We were abt 7 of us and abt 3 of them are PG visitors...Tejaswi,Anuradha,Jathin...(might have erred in the spellings..so numerology conscious ppl plz excuse!:mg:)..guess time you ppl posted as well than merely being visitors! Anyway the arrangement was on the basis of ur CAT REGN number...so junta speculating abt "profiles" etc etc can relax...but as it happened except one everyone had work experience...

Interview: Frankly I was disappointed with the interview inspite of having a "super cool" panel and "super cool" interview. And That was the whole problem. Almost everyone in my panel had a great interview simply because there hardly seemed to be any element of stress!!! Out of 20 odd minutes my interview lasted I was asked on my work for almost 15 minutes!!! It was like explaining to my friend abt the kind of work I do and all! Though they did have my SOP in front of them hardly anything was asked from it...:( And I couldnt do much to "lead" the interview cos' frankly there wasnt any scope for it unless I made a totally irrelevant point which I didnt. Since I was counting on my SOP to lead the interview all the great ideas which I had to change the world just stayed where they originated from...in my brain! :( Being the last one to be interviewed in my group didnt help things either...and to see how "impressed" they were with the kind of work I do was evident from the yawns which to their credit they were trying hard to stifle...:) All in all didnt think it was worth the effort of verbatim reproduction but hey got lucky with the panel...or Did I? guess the final results will answer that qn....

Girish...!

p.s. I so wanted a "stress interview"!!
p.p.s No technical qns..no current affairs based qns...zilch! nothing! aught! nada!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girish,

Went through your blog...pretty interesting..u sound like the doood from chennai..r u really as intellectual and wannabe as you pretend to be in ur blog.

Tue Jan 03, 12:54:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi girish,
it is interesting to know that engineers are also asked to solve case studies in iim interviews.anyway r u bored with ur epithets?in that case u can simply call urself a human being -a physical, non-abstract entity.

Wed Jun 20, 09:33:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Perusing thro'

Myth Of Sisyphus

Listening to...

Yanni
Enigma

-->

Blogs I peruse thro'...

(Hover over the link for a brief description...)



Blogroll Me!

free hit counter

Powered by Blogger