.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Blog With No Name

"The Art Of Accurate Observation Is Often Termed As Cynicism By Those People Who don't Have It!" -George Bernard Shaw

My Photo
Name:

Existentialist.Arrogant.Snobbish.Blatantly Frank.Intellectual. HopelesslyUnromantic.Argumentative. Analytical.Tolerably-Nice Guy.Hen-Pecked.Outrageous Flirt.Sensitive. Attentive Listener.Egoist. Non-Sentimental.PseudoIntellectual. Romantic.Iconoclastic.Insensitive.Noncomformist.Sarcastic. Cynic.Ultracrepidarian.Relentlessly Inquisitive.Johnsonian.Charming. Punster.NotFunny.Sophist.Egotist. Pragmatic.Idealistic.Honest. Sincere.Exaggerated Sense Of Self.Extroverted.Self-Deprecating. Depending on how much you know me(or dont know me 0r rather why shld u bother anyway?) I am told am a combination of one or more of the above adjectives,sometimes mutually contradicting. Btw dont bother looking for "modesty"...it is a part of neither my virtues nor vice....Either way "Frankly,My Dear I Dont Give A Damn..."

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Saurav Ganguly being "press" "gang"ed to step down!

Alright the pun in the title didnt work out to my satisfaction but hey so didnt the indian cricket team! I dont really post forwards in my blog (I hardly post anything which is ofcourse a different matter..) but this one was way too hilarious not be preserved for posterity and didnt reach the customary trash bin which invariably every forward wihch I get lands up in. This is a consolidated list of the Ganguly bloomers which has been doing the rounds in the net...the sarcasm in most of them as scathing as that of the English press! If you havent read these before and have a wry sense of humor you will appreciate it!;) Oh ofcourse I forgot to add you will be able to appreciate it a lot more if you are not a Ganguly fan...;)


You can see the following message behind maggi 2 minutes noodles pack: Step 1: boil one cup of water Step 2: as soon as ganguly goes for batting, put the noodles in the boiled water and put the tastemaker. Step 3: stir till ganguly is onfield. Step 4: As soon as ganguly is back in pavilion, your noodles r ready to eat.


What is the next number in the series 21, 12, 12, 1, 2, ... . . .
Only Ganguly knows it. Because these are his scores in the latest Test series


This is the precise summary of the third test match, as expressed in DH - Editorial today: India's defeat Sir, The Indian cricket team losing the third Test match to Pakistan in Bangalore brings to mind an old Arab proverb: "An army of lions led by a sheep can be vanquished by an army of sheep led by a lion "


Phone call for Ganguly! India Pakistan Match has started. As to be expected, it’s a charged up atmosphere and the heat is really on! .......... India is put in to bat. As to be expected, three wickets down, for a measly score. .......... There is phone call for Ganguly, at the Dressing Room. The Team Manager picks up the call. .......... “Hello ! I am Ganguly’s friend speaking . Can I talk to him now ?” ......... The Team Manager replies : “Sorry ! He has just gone in to bat . ” ....... The caller replies “No problem . I’ll hold the line ! ”


Height of Optimism : Ganguly applying Sun screen cream on his face when he goes out to bat


After a BIG partnership between Tendulkar and Dravid, Tendulkar gets out of the bowling of Kaneria. Ganguly comes next. While ganguly is taking guard.. pakistan close fielders shout with confidence " Come on Danish... try for Hat trick"


Shoiab Akhtar admits Ganguly is faster and quicker than him. "I haven't seen any one get out so fast. Man, I envy his speed. I am quick but he is quickest.", he says. "I think I should now cut my run up short when I bowl to him. Or else, he might be gone when I am half way thru my run up."


1) What is common to a 100 mtrs race and Ganguly's innings? Ans: They both last for the same time


2) How can u say "Get Out" to Ganguly politely? Ans: Ask him to go to bat


3) If Rahul is "The Wall", what is Ganguly? Ans: The hole in the wall


4) How can Ganguly save time everyday? Ans: By not bothering to pad up


5) Who is the only cricketer who does not bat, bowl or field and yet plays international cricket? Ans: no comments.......

6) Why has Saurav Ganguly been recommended as the fielding coach for India after retirement? Ans: No one else can provide catches as easily as Ganguly

Best Seller by Ganguly: Back to the Pavillion in 2 minutes

Ganguly to donate all his bats to charity. "I don't require a bat nowadays", said the Indian southpaw.

Q: Any Guesses which is Ganguly's favorite movie? A:Gone in 60 seconds

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys wishing Ganguly's ouster are all living in a fool's paradise. Ganguly is to Team India what sugar is to milk. Indispensable. Reliable. and Dependable (sorry Rahul). He is the only Australian in Team India. If India is to really win the World Cup it needs a strong charismatic leader, who can inspire and sacrifice for his team, not a "gentlemanly" Hijra like Dravid. Rahul does not know the taste of blood, he is a veggie. Ganguly is, so reinstate him as captain before it is too late.

Sat Dec 10, 08:59:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Perusing thro'

Myth Of Sisyphus

Listening to...

Yanni
Enigma

-->

Blogs I peruse thro'...

(Hover over the link for a brief description...)



Blogroll Me!

free hit counter

Powered by Blogger