.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Blog With No Name

"The Art Of Accurate Observation Is Often Termed As Cynicism By Those People Who don't Have It!" -George Bernard Shaw

My Photo
Name:

Existentialist.Arrogant.Snobbish.Blatantly Frank.Intellectual. HopelesslyUnromantic.Argumentative. Analytical.Tolerably-Nice Guy.Hen-Pecked.Outrageous Flirt.Sensitive. Attentive Listener.Egoist. Non-Sentimental.PseudoIntellectual. Romantic.Iconoclastic.Insensitive.Noncomformist.Sarcastic. Cynic.Ultracrepidarian.Relentlessly Inquisitive.Johnsonian.Charming. Punster.NotFunny.Sophist.Egotist. Pragmatic.Idealistic.Honest. Sincere.Exaggerated Sense Of Self.Extroverted.Self-Deprecating. Depending on how much you know me(or dont know me 0r rather why shld u bother anyway?) I am told am a combination of one or more of the above adjectives,sometimes mutually contradicting. Btw dont bother looking for "modesty"...it is a part of neither my virtues nor vice....Either way "Frankly,My Dear I Dont Give A Damn..."

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Ah! For The Love Of Books....

Being "tagged" by both Ranjitha and Urmad here is the book virus...

Total Number of Books I Own:
Ah! a dicey qn...frankly I have no idea....quite a lot of them..though most of them are in circulation....and it being a long circle they still are in "circulation"...so cant exactly point to a particular number....

Last Book I Bought:
* The Trial by Franz Kafka
* Plato's Dialogues (Translated by someone I cannot recall now!)
* Autobiography of A Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda


Last Book I Read:
* The Stranger By Albert Camus (last completed book! Astounding book! will soon write a review...)

Five Books That Mean a Lot to Me:
Well this is an instinctive reply...in no particular order...
* Zen And The Art Of MotorCycle Maintenance( Robert Pirsig)
* The Stranger (Albert Camus)
* History Of Western Philosophy (Bertrand Russel)
* The Blind Watchmaker (Richard Dawkins)
* The Story Of Civilization(Will Durant)

there are ofcourse a lot more...one cannot forget the veritable treats of Wodehouse's,Dostoevsky's,Forsyth's and a lot more authors...

Tag five people and have them do this on their blogs:

Rajesh : Cos' am curious to know what he has been reading lately...

Johnny Boy : Cos' am curious abt his literary taste!

Meera : Cos' she reads anything even remotely English....

Suganya : cos' her writing is one of the best among the amateurs I have read....

Deepan : Cos' need to make him blog somehow....:P

Ah! For the love Of Books I would Give my Kingdom....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Righteous justice? Of course it exists. Check it out at:

http://www.executionnovel.com

Sun Oct 26, 09:58:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Perusing thro'

Myth Of Sisyphus

Listening to...

Yanni
Enigma

-->

Blogs I peruse thro'...

(Hover over the link for a brief description...)



Blogroll Me!

free hit counter

Powered by Blogger